Jonesy’s may change this Policy from time to time.
If we make changes, we will revise the Effective Date above. We encourage you to review this Policy whenever you access our Services or otherwise interact with us to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you make a purchase from us, access and use our Services, create an online account or profile, engage with us via social media platforms, and when you email or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, address, phone number, email address, ZIP code, photos, videos, social media usernames, payment information, demographic information, the content you post to the interactive areas of our Services, and any other information you choose to provide.
In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you decide to purchase and ship products to someone. We will use this information to fulfill your requests and will not send communications to your contacts unrelated to your requests, unless they separately consent to receive communications from us or otherwise engage with us.
Information We Collect Automatically. When you access or use the Services or transact business with us, we automatically collect certain information about you, including:
- Transaction Information: When you purchase or return a product, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, purchase price, and the date and location of the transaction.
- Log and Usage Information: We may obtain information about the device you use to access our Services and your use of our Services, including the type of browser you use, hardware model, operating system and app version, mobile network information, IP address, unique device identifiers, access times, pages viewed, items placed in your cart, links clicked, browsing behavior, and referring URL (the webpage you visited before navigating to our Services).
- Location Information: In accordance with your device permissions, we may collect information about the precise location of your device.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about you to provide, maintain, and improve our Services and the other interactions we have with you. For example, we use the information we collect to:
- provide and deliver products and services, process transactions and returns, and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, invoices, customer experience surveys, and recall notices;
- detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Jonesy’s and others;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- comply with our legal and financial obligations;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities; and
- carry out any other purpose conveyed to you at the time the information was collected.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and other Countries
We are based in the United States and process and store the information we collect in the U.S. If you are based outside the U.S., we transfer your personal information to, and process your personal information on, servers located in the U.S., a jurisdiction that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information about you outside of Jonesy’s as follows or as otherwise described in this Policy:
- with service providers, vendors, contractors, or agents who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf, such as those that assist us with our business and internal operations like shipping and delivery, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, personalization, marketing, and advertising;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, a corporate business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, joint venture, corporate reorganization, insolvency or bankruptcy, financing or sale of company assets;
- in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet law enforcement or national security requirements;
- between and among Jonesy’s and any current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and/or
- with your consent.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Individuals in the European Economic Area
The following section applies to individuals in the EEA.
Legal Basis for Processing. When we process your personal information, we will only do so when:
- We need to use your personal information to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you, for example to deliver products that you ordered from us.
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information. For example, if you are a customer, we may process your personal information to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to our Services, and to provide, secure, and improve our Services.
- We find such processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- We have your consent to do so. When your consent is the legal basis for our processing, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
Data Retention. We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we collected it or for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
Data Subject Requests. Individuals located in the EEA have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions or Complaints. If you are a resident of the EEA and have a concern about our processing of personal information that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
Location Information. The settings of your Internet browser or mobile device may allow you to stop sharing your precise location with Jonesy’s or others. You can also stop our collection of location information in connection with our mobile applications by following the standard uninstall process and removing all Jonesy’s applications from your mobile device.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on third-party platforms (such as Youtube or Google). As part of these ad campaigns, we or third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and to serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
Your California Privacy Rights
Consumers residing in California are afforded certain rights with respect to their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act. If you reside in California, this section applies to you.
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers, characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. law, commercial information, Internet and electronic network activity, geolocation data, audio and visual information, professional and employment related information, inferences drawn about your preferences, and other categories of personal information that relate to or are reasonably capable of being associated with you. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes. We share personal information with the categories of third parties described above, such as payment collection vendors. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business and commercial purposes: identifiers, characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. law, commercial information, Internet and electronic network activity, geolocation data, audio and visual information, professional and employment related information, inferences drawn about your preferences, and other categories of personal information that relate to or are reasonably capable of being associated with you. We do not sell personal information to third parties.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this Policy or about our privacy practices, please email us at email@example.com.